Operant is seeking a Business Operations Manager/Executive Assistant to support our growing team and business initiatives. The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, friendly, calm, self-motivated, able to handle confidential information, and will thrive in an early stage “wearing many hats” startup environment. As the Business Operations Manager/Executive Assistant, you must be able to communicate well and be able to take swift, effective action whilst proactively solving complex problems with little or no guidance. You will need to successfully collaborate with all stakeholders including 3rd party service providers in HR, accounting, events management, and more, to support the team and the company in handling internal and external facing projects with ease and on clear, steadfast deadlines. The ideal candidate has experience working with early stage startup founders to support a small, tight-knit team while also taking on additional responsibilities over time to support growth and increasing complexity in business operations.
Who We Are:
At Operant, we are building a transformational Application Security product for cloud-native security engineering teams. Operant's product brings industry-first runtime analytics and enforcement capabilities that secure modern apps across every layer of the cloud native stack. We are passionate about bringing state of the art technological innovations that our founding team has built on from Operating Systems/Distributed Systems/ML to the world of cloud-native security, and building a product that is ready to take on the rising complexity and massive scale of today’s cloud native applications.
- Manage multiple calendars and scheduling requirements across multiple time zones with excellent judgment about prioritization across customers, investors, advisors, and other meetings needs both in-person and via zoom.
- Exercise mindful calendaring: Strategically manage and protect the founders’ time and energy
- Proactively anticipate what’s next for the CEO, CMO, and CTO and prepare accordingly.
- Schedule important customer meetings with large teams, be proactive and professional in coordinating calendars, choosing venues, making reservations, and preparing necessary materials.
- Make travel plans for executives and employees as needed and communicate proactively to ensure optimization of business outcomes and budgets.
- Proactively work with executives to ensure they are prepared for meetings, interviews, travel, and briefings.
- Support the company’s presence and preparation for public events including conferences, podcasts, speaking panels, and other publicity.
- Work with our HR and accounting vendors to make sure they have all of the information to keep business operations running smoothly at all times, including with new employee onboarding and recruiting schedules.
- Feel comfortable and confident working in a high tech environment with deeply technical experts in cybersecurity.
- Assist with marketing initiatives and business operations as needed.
- 5+ years’ of applicable administrative experience across a range of complexity, including startup and big company experience, ideally in tech.
- Positive, can-do, supportive attitude with a team that has all had experience “rolling up their sleeves” to get nitty gritty tasks done and now needs support in taking some of those tasks off their plates seamlessly and with confidence that they will get done well and on time.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with the ability to read between the lines when necessary to get to the deeper needs/prioritizations/organizational dynamics behind a request (especially when dealing with customers and vendors).
- Passion and drive to be a part of a growing team doing something that matters to the world, and a respect for the way that the “little things” contribute to a much bigger picture
- Extremely comfortable with doing almost everything online.
- Fluent expert in using Google Drive, Calendar, and Gmail, Gusto, and Calendly. Experience with Hubspot and Excel a huge plus.
- Experience with setting up and managing virtual meetings and tools.
- “Stage presence” for serving as an MC on important virtual meetings and events.
- Experience running events/offsite events (virtual/physical) for teams of multiple sizes and levels including senior executives.
- While we are a remote-first company, we have a strong preference for this role to be located on the west coast of the US (PST), ideally in the SF Bay Area.